Thursday, March 4, 2010

homemade chicken noodle soup

I'm still working on getting over a cold this week, so I decided to make some chicken noodle soup. As I said, it's my comfort food. At least it is when I'm sick. I got this recipe from a friend's mom and would like to thank her because it doesn't get much easier than this.

I thought I'd try something a little different with this recipe since it is so easy. I kept track of what was happening throughout my experience making the soup.

9:10 - Filled large pot with the 10 cups of water and placed it on the burner.

9:11 - Placed chicken breast in the water.

9:22 - Jersey wants in on the cooking action. He tackled me, knocking over the jar of chicken bouillon cubs.

9:25 - Got our mess cleaned up. Thanks, Jersey.

9:31 - Water is finally starting to boil.

9:36 - Jersey must have had enough playing. He is passed out under the kitchen table.

9:43 - Pulled the chicken breast out of the water. Attempted to start cutting the chicken and burnt my finger. It's hot.

9:45 - Dropped the chicken bouillon cubes in the boiling water.

9:46 - Finished cutting the chicken breast.

9:47 - Dropped cut up chicken in water with chicken bouillon cubes. Added noodles.

9:51 - The scent of chicken has taken over my kitchen and woken Jersey up. He's hungry.

9:55 - Soup is ready to be consumed. Let the healing begin.

Here's what you need:

10 cups of water
7 cubes of Chicken Bouillon
1 Chicken breast
Noodles

Have fun and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture