Friday, February 12, 2010

chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes

I need to vent, so read on only if you dare to venture into the depths of my mind. This week I’ve been sick, and when I’m sick, I’m absolutely miserable. It’s terrible. One thing that really makes me feel better, at least for the five minutes that I’m consuming it, is food. I always have some kind of craving when I’m sick. That craving tends to be chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes. Yes, in the same bowl.

You’re probably thinking that’s disgusting, but don’t judge until you try it. Soup is excellent when you’re sick and I love mashed potatoes, so putting the two together does not seem too weird to me. It all goes to the same place anyway. The chicken noodle soup acts as the perfect gravy to the mashed potatoes. It’s delicious. And it’s easy to make, which is an extremely important factor. Nobody really wants to spend a lot of time cooking when they are sick.

Now while you may have gotten nothing out of my little rant, here me out for the point. When I’m sitting at home, sick and miserable, my chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes combination really can brighten my day. Food can do that. I think that’s interesting. There’s a possibility that I’m unusual, but I think everyone has some kind of food that they just love and when you get to eat it, your day seems a little better. So how about you? What kind of food brightens your day? What do you like to eat when you’re sick?

Have fun and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture