Sunday, February 7, 2010

superbowl antics


Life played a couple cruel jokes on me this week. Instead of getting to cook all the amazing snacks I planned on cooking, I spent the afternoon with Jersey because I got a flat tire. Yes, I am capable of changing a tire myself but not without a jack. I’m not quite strong enough to lift up my car with one hand yet. I’m working on it though. I’ll make a couple extra trips out to Ping this week.


I did get to make my Cheesy Salsa Dip though, so I suppose everything turned out ok. I highly recommend this snack for your superbowl menu tonight.


Here’s what you need:


1 pound of Velveeta Cheese

1 jar of salsa

1/2 pound of hamburger

1 bag of chips


Directions:


Cook hamburger.

Melt cheese and salsa together in a crock-pot.

Add hamburger.


I’m also adding in a recipe for Applebee’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I highly, highly recommend this one, even though it’s a little harder to make. It’s pretty good.


Here’s what you need:

1 (10 ounce) box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed

1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rough chopped

1 cup shredded parmesan/Romano cheese blend

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

10 ounces prepared Alfredo sauce

1 teaspoon minced garlic

4 ounces (1/2 package) softened cream cheese


Directions:

Combine ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and spread mixture into a small baking dish.

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheeses are bubbling and melted.


Have fun and good luck.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could cook so bad. I knew the Cheesy Salsa Dip doesn't feature too many ingredients or directions but... trust me, I'd find a way to fuck it up. I'm salivating whilst writing this post so off I go to try to cook something. I'll be sure to keep the fire extinguisher close.

    ReplyDelete

Apture